Safety at Work
The safety of the 80,000 great makers and bakers who make up the Mondelēz International team is one of our top priorities. Our goal is simple - to achieve world-class safety performance.
To build a safety culture that promotes our goal of zero incidents eliminates risks across four key areas.
- Occupational Health - safeguarding our employees against long-term health issues related to the workplace
- Personal Safety - providing safe working tools and standards that promote the safety of every individual
- Process Safety - improving the design, implementation, management and control of any identified hazardous process within our operations
- Vehicle Safety - improving driver safety and vehicle-related activities in all our functions and operations
足球比分网We consistently reinforce our safety policy, which outlines our beliefs and commitments:
- All accidents and injuries are unacceptable, and we strive to eliminate all incidents.
- Safety and health improvement is an individual and team responsibility.
- Each team member must be dedicated to conducting all activities with the highest concern for employee safety and health.
- Each team member should participate in a local safety program and actively seek to achieve an accident/injury free work environment.
We're committed to:
- Meeting or exceeding all applicable safety and health regulations.
- Continuously improving the safety of our work environment by investing in our people and our facilities.
- Creating and maintaining a world-class safety culture to achieve an accident-free work environment.
And with our Work Play Live Safe program, colleagues across the globe are firmly committed to safe practices, safe environments and safe ways of working. Our safety principles guide our everyday actions:
1. Nothing we do is worth getting hurt.
足球比分网2. All injuries and occupational illnesses can and must be prevented.
足球比分网3. Working safely is a condition of employment.
The programs we put in place at our plants meet the Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS) 18001 Series, one of the only internationally recognized safety management systems. And, we are proud to see improvements in our safety performance every year.
The programs we put in place at our plants meet the Occupational Health and Safety Assessment Series (OHSAS) 18001 Series, one of the only internationally recognized safety management systems. And we are proud to see improvements in our safety performance every year. View our Code of Conduct and other documents including our 2018 Human Rights Due Diligence Report in our Compliance & Integrity section for more information around our approach to human rights.
Advancing Gender Equality
足球比分网In April 2013, we signed the to express support for advancing equality between women and men. We have vowed to:
- Bring the broadest pool of talent to our endeavors.
- Further our companies' competitiveness.
- Meet our corporate responsibility and sustainability commitments.
- Model behavior within our companies that reflects the society we would like for our employees, fellow citizens and families.
- Encourage economic and social conditions that provide opportunities for women and men, girls and boys.
- Foster sustainable development in the countries in which we operate.
We welcome the provisions of the , produced and disseminated by the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women (UN Women) and the UN Global Compact. The Principles present seven steps that business and other sectors can take to advance and empower women.
We're advocating for the full participation and equal treatment of women in our enterprises and . in the larger community. A broad concept of sustainability and corporate responsibility that embraces women's empowerment is one of our key goals.
We will strive to use sex-disaggregated data in our sustainability reporting to communicate our progress to our own stakeholders. We're committed to extending our reporting on gender rights in cocoa farming. To date, we've empowered women and advocated for equal rights through our Cocoa Life initiative.
We encourage business leaders to join us and use the Principles as guidance for actions that we can all take in the workplace, marketplace and community to empower women and benefit our companies and societies.
We encourage and support our colleagues to live healthier lifestyles to increase engagement and productivity. In our facilities across the globe, we offer various health and wellbeing tools and resources to expand our workplace wellness efforts each year. Though some resources and tools differ based on regional and cultural needs, they generally offer similar elements focused on nutrition, physical and mental wellbeing.
足球比分网Here are just a few ways we're helping our teams feel better, physically and mentally:
- Lifestyle improvement programs - stress management, weight management, ways to stop smoking, etc.
- On-site fitness and/or sports facilities - incentives for gym membership reimbursement, employee sports competitions, etc.
- Health screenings and exams - regular screenings, vaccinations, flu shots, etc.
- Healthier options and nutrition information in our cafeterias and canteens
- General health tips - newsletters and internal sites with health tips and work-life/flex time programs